Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Executing Oracle Stored Procedure from Qlikview not working

i want call Oracle Store Procedure from Qlikview, but not wroking.

Qlikview Scrip : SQL EXEC APPS.GGGG_TES22;

Error Message :

SQL##f - SqlState: 37000, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC]Syntax error or access violation.

SQL EXEC APPS.GGGG_TES22

ss:

QliviewError.JPG

oracle database Store Procedure :

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE APPS.GGGG_TES22 IS

BEGIN

null;

END;

Qlikview Scrip Setting :

SqlikviewScripSetting.JPG

Whats Wrong, Anyone Can help me?

tq

Regard,

Hertono.

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This looks like a DBMS problem, not really a QlikView problem. Is null; an accepted PL/SQL statement?

What do you get if you return at least some data through the ODBC connection?

Not applicable
Author

i try update store procedure to :

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE APPS.GGGG_TES22 IS

BEGIN

INSERT INTO TES_INVOICES_STAGING VALUES(1,1000); 

END;

error :

SQL##f - SqlState: 37000, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC]Syntax error or access violation.

SQL EXEC APPS.GGGG_TES22;

i want insert data to TES_INVOICES_STAGING VALUES using Oracle Store Procedure, then select Data from table TES_INVOICES_STAGING VALUES using Qlikview

Example :

SQL EXEC APPS.GGGG_TES22;

INVOICE_STG:

SQL

SELECT *

FROM TES_INVOICES_STAGING VALUES;

EXIT Script;

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Does the account that is used to make a connection have all the required permissions to run Stored Procedures and Insert data into that particular table?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Another suggestion: try running the INSERT statement as a simple SQL statement in your QlikView script. Don't forget to enable the "Open Databases in Read and Write mode" checkbox on the Settings tab in the Script Editor.

Not applicable
Author

i already use apps Account, and make sure to DBA team, this account can execute store procedure,

i already test to execute this procedure using TOAD editor , using APPS account.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ok, that's a good start. But in the end there is just one real test: does it work in QlikView. As a next step, please try the INSERT statement in QlikView script, just to make sure that QV will be able to do perform a direct insert, and that the account you are using to make a connection is allowed to perform DB updates. If that works, then you'll only need to find out why executing Stored Procedures doesn't work, because everything else will be ok.

Not applicable
Author

i aready test insert Statement in Qliview Script, work success.

"SQL  INSERT INTO TES_INVOICES_STAGING VALUES(3,1000);"

qlikvew ss.JPG