Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Cubes and QlikView

A prospect insists that pulling data from the SSAS Cubes is the best idea rather than building the data model inside QlikView and replicating the transformations they applied. Their reasoning is that building the data model inside QlikView will create another validation headache. They also want to keep it as people don't want to stop using Excel PivotTables. I very much understand this. Given the situation, this is what I have proposed.

1. Export a snapshot of the Fact Table to CSV and Export to QVD.
2. Export a snapshot of the Dimension Tables to CSV and Export to QVD.
3. Setup Incremental Load for the Fact Table using MDX (read from Cube). This is done manually as QV cannot create MDX queries.
4. Setup Incremental Load for the Dimension Tables using SQL (read from DB).

Problems I foresee:

1. When the cube is rebuilt, the QV application has to be remapped (map new fields to existing fields).
2. In the wors case scenario where the cube does not resemble the previous cube, the QV application has to be built again. Not a lot of brain work, but more on leg work.

What other problems do you guys foresee given the situation? Any alternatives to propose?

- Kevin

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Bruno,

It worked . Thank you...

Regards

Kavitha

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi..

Even am also getting the same popup Error.

"InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'index' Parameter Name: index".

can anybody help me out.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rod,

can you connect QlikView to a SSAS Tabular model to query data without importing them in QV?

How, please?

QlikView should query dinamically the Tabular model as Excel is to be able to do, isn't it?

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bruno

do you still have that manual somewhere above link is broken ?

Thanks * 1000

Eric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author