Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

The prohibition of dragging the field horizontally in the pivot. How?

Let in the summary table 1 000 000 lines, if you drag the field

horizontally, the cells will be 1 000 000 * 1 000 000 pieces.

The document freezes.

How to prevent dragging specific fields horizontally?

Limit the condition for calculating the table by task is impossible. Make another table without these fields, too, you can, but it's somehow inconvenient ...

Almost sure that it does not, but let's require that the developer check-boxes on the measurements with the permission to drag the fields in the consolidated, it would be useful

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think it's not possible unless you diabled the interactivity within the tab presentation but then your pivot is rather static and won't allow any dragging or expand/collaps of columns.

An alternatively could be to control the vertical and horizontal dimensions with a listbox. There are various examples of it, for instant within the qlik demo "What's new" and several postings like: User Controlled Charts In QlikView. Normally these approaches uses one field for selecting the dimensions and you would need to split it into two fields and listboxes to control the vertical and horizental dimensions separately. This approach needs some efforts but it could also add some extra value for your user.

Beside this I would tend to limit the object itself within the calculation-condition like: count(Dim1&Dim2...) < 100000 (without the need of exporting data from this object I would restrict the max. number of dimension-values even more).

- Marcus