Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GartoJsar
Partner - Contributor III

how to extract fields from an XML DataBase with QV

Hello everyone,

I need your help,

I am making a connection to a DWH and I am extracting the table "CERTIFICATES", then this table has a field called "CERTIFICADOS_XML" and this field has an XML in text, so what I need is to load the field "CERTIFICADOS_XML" but I need to load only the fields that the xml has with its records.

So I really have no idea how to convert that xml into a table

please, I do not know how to do it.

I leave you an XML image that brings the field CERTIFICADOS_XML

Help!!

XML.png

And when I load the field CERTIFICADOS_XML in QlikView to if it shows it as in the image below

XML2.png

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Map be look TextBetween - script and chart function ‒ QlikView

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

I think his will be helpful: Re: XML in a CLOB

- Marcus

GartoJsar
Author

Hello Anilbabu and Marcus Summer,

Thank you very much for your time, I have not been able to solve the issue of extracting fields from xml.

I try to put the TextBetween function, but it does not show any of the fields or maybe I'm not getting the code right, do not have an example where I can only show the xml fields?

Thank you so much

For your time

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you make it simpler and result set you want to see?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

Did you try an approach like this one: Check XML structure for errors before importing?

- Marcus