Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericmante
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

number of customer who makes 80% of turnover

hi all,

i need your help
I would like to display in a text object, the number of customer who makes 80% of turnover.

Thanks in advance for your help

Fred

25 Replies
Not applicable

Please can you post an example containing the macro

Not applicable

Hi John,

How will your file work if we add additional column says " quarter " in front of customer, and some sales figures contains negative values.

Will your sample still work ? because i'm applying it, and it doesn't seems to work.

Any advise? Thanks.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

nicksatch wrote: How will your file work if we add additional column says " quarter " in front of customer, and some sales figures contains negative values.
Will your sample still work ? because i'm applying it, and it doesn't seems to work.

I'm not sure what you're asking. The example I posted back in 2009 doesn't work even as is. You don't have to add a column or make values negative to make it fail. It already fails. As I said, "Still hoping someone comes up with an answer".

Not applicable

Hello Yves,

I have the same need that Frédéric.
I tested your proposition into a QlikView Application and it works only if your data are sorted by an indicator. When the data are not sorted it doesn't work.

I need to calculate into a Text Object :

• How many customers cover 50% of sales of the current year ?
  • What is the cumulated sales amount of these customers ?
  • What are these customers ?

If someone could help me, you're the welcome.

Regards

Philippe

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello,

In my sense, the text object is not the best place to get sorted information, your second chart is the right way.

You may howerver highlight some ranking information in text object, i.e. to send alerts.

In your sample, you can get information from the n-th customer (replace n by the ranking required) :

name : =Subfield(Concat(Customer,'-',-[Sales Amount]),'-',n)

amount : =sum({<Customer={$(=firstsortedvalue ( Customer, -[Sales Amount],n))}>} [Sales Amount])

Yves

Not applicable

Hello Yves,

Thank you for your answer and the solutions you propose.
Now it doesn't solve my problem.
In my sample, if you choose 80%, I would like to calculate into a text object that 6 customers cover 80% of Total Sales Amount and this amount is 2 345 000 $.

I know that the best way is to use a graphic object but my customer want it in a text object, like a summary.

Philippe

Not applicable

Hi John,

Have you had any luck getting the pareto bucket analysis to work?

Namely, have you or someone else identified a way to sort within a chart (within an aggr or similar) to show the top selling customers, for example?

Thanks!

Tyler

rchasser
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello,

I think i have a clue to fix it.

I used the Philippe file

First, i've build a graphic that monitor the same result whithout sorting the dimension ... thanks to a valuelist.

The problem is when i try to monitor the result in a text object it doesn't work. It seems that it is not possible to use a valuelist with an Aggr ...

If someone have an idea ?

Thanks

Romain

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

tylerwaterfall wrote:

Hi John,

Have you had any luck getting the pareto bucket analysis to work?

Namely, have you or someone else identified a way to sort within a chart (within an aggr or similar) to show the top selling customers, for example?

Nope, I never got it working.  I never tried very hard either, though.

Not applicable

Good discussion !!!!!!!

Bhushan N