Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView ODBC Lotus Notes File DSN

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a lotus notes db with an odbc driver. I can use the odbc driver only with file dsn (else errorcode 126).
How can I use this connection in QlikView. Tried ODBC connect "file dsn name" etc. Nothing seems to work? Anyone who successfully implemented this? Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards Elzo

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Elzo,

Is there any chance your ODBC driver is 32 bits and you are using a 64 bit version of QlikView? Are some other DSNs working fine? Does the Connect button in the script editor allows you to connect and creates the line CONNECT TO ...

Regards

shamad
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

You can use IBM Lotus NotesSql odbc driver 32 bits

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried this ODBC Driver: Lotus NotesSQL ODBC Driver 8.0.x for Windows 2000, 2003, XP

For testing I created a sample file dsn connection to a sql database (32 bit). All I'm getting in the script is "ODBC CONNECT TO ;"
I can select the tables but running script shows up with an odbc error (whats ok because the dsn isn't specified in the connect to statement.
So how can I create a simple file dsn connection in Qlikview? Thanks for your help

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Elzo,

It seems you have some problems when recognizing that driver, otherwise your odbc connect to dnsfilename would be correct. If the version of QlikView you are running is 64 bits, try installing a 32 bits version and using the same DSN to connect to the database.

Try also to connect in Excel, Access or some other software just to check if they are able to run fine the odbc you have already created.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To use Notes data through ODBC, you must have:

• Notes SQL, the Lotus Notes ODBC driver
  • An ODBC Driver Manager version 3.5 or later
  • One of the following:
      • Microsoft Windows 2000, or XP
      • Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition
      • Microsoft Windows Vista
      • Microsoft Windows 2008
      • Microsoft Windows 7
  • One of the following:
      • Lotus Notes Client release 6.0 or later
      • Lotus Domino release 6.0 or later
      • Lotus Notes Designer release 6.0 or later
      • Lotus Domino Off-Line Services release 1.01 or later

OK, and then few steps: (this works in windows 7 x64)

1) Install NotesSQL - driver  to C:\NotesSQL

2) add your Lotus Notes directory to the %PATH% Variable

3) Reboot

4) run c:\windows\syswow64\odbccad.exe

5) You should now find the NotesSql ODBC driver to create the ODBC connection normally

prieper
Master II
Master II

Thanks Ilpo for the detailed steps.

We had similar problems, think that in addition to the installation of a Lotus Client you need to establish in Lotus once a connection to the database, if located on another server (create a tile).

At least this seemed to have helped in our case.

HTH
Peter