cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Urgent - Hiding and Unhiding Tabs

Hi All,

I need help.

I have two tabs ("Tab1" and "Tab2"). I am trying to add a button as an object in "Tab1" which shall have a trigger which would hide
"Tab1" and display "Tab2" and i would like to have a similar button in "Tab2" which would hide "Tab2" and display "Tab1"

The eventual idea is to have the same name for both the tabs (Ex. "Tab") so that it would look like a single tab to users.

Not sure as to how this can be achieved. It would be great if anyone could share an example how to accomplish this.

Thank you!

Regards,
Harsha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Create a variable where you could set it to 1 or 2.  For this case, let's call it vTabShow.

For your button on tab1, under Actions, you will Set Variable.  (Variable: vTabShow  Value: 2)  Then do an Activate Sheet and call Tab2.

Under the Sheet Properties, you will do a conditional show.  For tab1, it will be vTabShow=1 and for tab2 it will be vTabShow=2.

Do the same on the button that is placed on tab2.  (Variable: vTabShow  Value: 1)  Then do an Activate Sheet and call Tab1.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Harsha,

This can be easily achieved using variables, buttons with actions and conditionals in the visibility of the sheet. First you need to create as many variables as tabs (2 in this case). Then set each tab visibility to conditional (Sheet properties, General, Show Sheet, Conditional) when the variable has 1 as value

vTab1Visible = 1

The button has both the text and the action dynamic, so when the tab is visible, the text shows "Show Tab2" and the variable is set to the opposite value (1 visible, 0 hidden) and viceversa.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Create a variable where you could set it to 1 or 2.  For this case, let's call it vTabShow.

For your button on tab1, under Actions, you will Set Variable.  (Variable: vTabShow  Value: 2)  Then do an Activate Sheet and call Tab2.

Under the Sheet Properties, you will do a conditional show.  For tab1, it will be vTabShow=1 and for tab2 it will be vTabShow=2.

Do the same on the button that is placed on tab2.  (Variable: vTabShow  Value: 1)  Then do an Activate Sheet and call Tab1.

Not applicable
Author

Worked Perfectly!

Thank you Dan Heller and Miguel 🙂