Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_simpson
Partner - Contributor III

Chart not refreshing when variable used in set analysis is changed?

Does anyone know what could be the problem, or what I have to do, to get a chart (straight table) to refresh when a variable used by it in set analysis expressions is amended by the user using an input box? By placing a text box alongside the input box I can see that the variable has been changed, but the chart (table) doesn't seem to notice! If I click on the chart and view its properties, and then exit the view of properties using the cancel button, then still no change. But if I view the properties and then exit them by pressing <ok>, even though I haven't amended any properties, the chart now refreshes and the table shows values relating to the new value in the variable? It is all very strange??

11 Replies
richard_simpson
Author

Thanks again Michael.

I tried "detach" followed by "attach" and you are right... on the "detach" nothing happens but on the subsequent "attach" the chart refreshed according to the new variable value!

I try not to use MACROS, so I looked at possible triggers that are available and found that by setting a trigger on the change of the variable, and specifying that the action is to "restore" the chart, it works!!

I'm still puzzled why it needs anything to get this to work, why changing the variable in the input box doesn't cause everything to refresh in the same way that making a selection does, but anyway, I have a pretty neat workaround now!

Thanks again

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

No worries Richard. In case you need to attached a qvw file in the future, you can do data reduction (to reduce file size) and scrambling (to protect confidential information)