Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Source Control/Version Control/Change Management

Hi all,

I'm curious if there are any recent developments in the source control / version control for Qlikview applications.

The main issue arises when there are more than 1 QV developers working on the same exact load script(UI).

Any suggestions/solutions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rocky

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Where does the QVW file and -prj folder need to be stored.  I tried on my local machine and when I open the QVW or add objects it is not populating the folder with the XML.  Is there a setting you need to enable?

Not applicable
Author

The QVW file and -prj file needs to be in same folder. After making any change in QVW just save it, and refresh the -prj folder, the corresponding changes will get incorporated in respective xml files.

Not applicable
Author

The -prj files will get updated once you save the Qlikview application, but there are few steps which need to be followed when this process is reversed like generate Qlikview application (without data) using -prj files:

In this case you will be having -prj files in <QV app>-prj folder and you need to create corresponding Qlikview application.

1. Rename the <QV app>-prj to some other name <QV app>-prj1 so that the newly created blank qvw will not modify -prj files.

2. Create a blank qvw file with name as <QV app>.qvw and save it.

3. Close Qlikview and rename the <QV app>-prj1 to <QV app>-prj

4. Open the newly created blank qvw.

Now your original Qlikview application will get generated without data. To add data just reload the application.

Not applicable
Author

We've been watching for QV 11 SR1 for a bit, any news on the latest?  Since it looks like SVN support will be part of this release.

Not applicable
Author

We've been watching for QV 11 SR1 for a bit, any news on the latest?  Since it looks like SVN support will be part of this release.

jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

We just released Version Manager for QlikView, it's more than a source control tool because it can deploy your applications to the QlikView Servers.

Very simple to configure and use the tool have a long history and experience of by deployments with SAP products.

Ask for a demo at info@ebiexperts.com or http://www.ebiexperts.com

http://ebiexperts.com/photo/logos/vm_qlikview.png

ebiexperts CTO
With WIP, Control everything!
Qlik Sense, QlikView and NPrinting Source control, Versioning and Deployment, Agile Lifecycle Management
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thank you. I have requested for the web demo.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com