Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Check IE-Plugin Version

Hi,

we plan to move to Qlikview 9 in the near future. Unfortunately we have a big userbase that still has the IE plugin 8.5 installed.

Is there a way to check which version of the plugin a user has when he logs in via IE and then prompt him a message?

Cheers,

Flo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Open the file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\QvAccessPoint.js and replace function CheckPlugin (which starts on line 502) with this:

function CheckPlugin() {
pluginEnabled = false
try {
if(ActiveXObject) {
var _ = new ActiveXObject("QlikTech.QlikOcxCtrl.9"); //checks for latest version of plugin
pluginEnabled = true;
}
} catch(e) {}
if(pluginEnabled != true && navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && window.navigator.cpuClass == "x86"){
// This will just prompt the user with an alert box
alert ("You have an older version of QV Analyzer. Please update to version 9 now");
// Or disable the line above and use the following 2 lines to automatically prompt for plugin installation (first download the latest version of the IE Plugin and copy the file QvPluginRedist.exe into folder Program Files\QlikView\Web )
window.location = 'http://servername/QlikView/QvPluginRedist.exe';
pluginEnabled = true;
// Replace servername with the name of the server (not localhost)
}
}

Save & close the file. You might need to restart your web server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Open the file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\QvAccessPoint.js and replace function CheckPlugin (which starts on line 502) with this:

function CheckPlugin() {
pluginEnabled = false
try {
if(ActiveXObject) {
var _ = new ActiveXObject("QlikTech.QlikOcxCtrl.9"); //checks for latest version of plugin
pluginEnabled = true;
}
} catch(e) {}
if(pluginEnabled != true && navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && window.navigator.cpuClass == "x86"){
// This will just prompt the user with an alert box
alert ("You have an older version of QV Analyzer. Please update to version 9 now");
// Or disable the line above and use the following 2 lines to automatically prompt for plugin installation (first download the latest version of the IE Plugin and copy the file QvPluginRedist.exe into folder Program Files\QlikView\Web )
window.location = 'http://servername/QlikView/QvPluginRedist.exe';
pluginEnabled = true;
// Replace servername with the name of the server (not localhost)
}
}

Save & close the file. You might need to restart your web server.

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

thx for the reply, this actually looks very close to what I imagined.

But unfortunately we are not using the accesspoint do deliver the reports (we embed the qvp:// directly) so I guess this script won't work.

But I have found this in the API guide:

msgbox(ActiveDocument.GetApplication.QvVersion)

With this script I should be able to set a var and then trigger some kind of popup.

Cheers,

Flo

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Glad you figured it out. Feel free to canibalize the part of my script that checks whether the user is running IE 32-bit (the only one compatible with the plugin).

Cheers,