Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table Width

Hi everyone,

I'm using QlikView 9 desktop to develop a dashboard for our users. I have one object that is a straight table that has many fields in it so that they can see the detail-level data that makes up the charts. The straight table ends up being over 2,500 in width so it goes way off to the right of the dashboard. I'd like to shrink it down to about 1,200 wide and allow the user to scroll over to see the rest of the data. However when I change the Width to 1200, it does not resize the object, even though the "Allow Move/Size" option on the Layout tab has a check in it. The "Size to Data" is unchecked. I've played around with these Options as well as Scrollbars "Preserve Scroll Position" option, but it doesn't seem to matter what I select, I'm unable to resize the width (although the height can be adjusted). Do you know if perhaps there is another setting I'm missing? Or is this just the behavior of this object?

Thanks,

Chad

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have run into the same issue and the only solution I have found is to place the table insides a container. This causes the scroll bar to be a little funny, but it works in web view.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Chad,

I suspect that you might have many Dimensions in your Straight Table. The nature of a Straight Table is that all the Dimensions are always fully exposed, while Expressions can be scrolled with a horizontal Scroll Bar.

If you can transform most of your Dimensions into Expressions, you will get more flexibility in terms of resizing the object.

For example, if you show Orders, the only true Dimension shoul be the Order ID, ore may be Order ID and Line #. The rest of the fields, such as Date, Customer, etc., are the attributes of the Order, and therefore they can be presented as Expressions:

only(Date)

only(Customer)

cheers,

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

Oleg,

I did not know that's how those work. Thanks for the information. I'll have to play around with that. The problem that I may run into is that I'm using an expression as a way to filter specific data on the table. But now at least I understand why its doing it. Thanks!

Chad