Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II

Pivot table column width issue or Straight table with horizontal excel export issue

Hi All,

I need to display a list of measures on a timely manner in the pivot table like below.

text.PNG

If i use pivot table, it was taking all columns width is same. So,i am not able to display the first column width as expected. If i increase one column width automatically it was reflecting to all other columns. But i need first column width is more compare to all remaining columns. For this i tried Size to data option, Intend option and many in the properties but not able to achieve as expected.

For this, I prepared the same chart in straight table by using the Horizontal option, the required layout am able to achieve but while exporting the table into excel, the table data i am getting as transpose.

Can anyone please help me to achieve.

Thanks in Advance..!

AAK
13 Replies
avinashelite

as per I know its the default property of Pivot table .....in order to make one column width different then you need to make use of multiple expressions ....For the export in straight table you could make use of the macro and add a button to export as per requirement

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try to increase the word wrap text at presentation tab.

Capture.JPG

ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Devarasu,

I tried the option, again it was reflecting entire table. Need to modify only the first column width or cell.

AAK
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Avinash,

All the first column values are different measures only.

For Straight table, can you have any macro code please provide. I tried to get it by using the other links but i am not getting it correctly.

AAK
avinashelite

could you share the sample file of the export ?

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

It's limitation. the best way you can word wrap like this.

Capture.JPG

ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Devarasu,

All the fields that we have in column 1 are measures. We have only one dimension Date dimension.

AAK
its_anandrjs

Hi,

You can try another way also by conditionally load the table if you required some spaces on the some columns see the example

Ex:-

Load

If( match( ColumnName,'Jan','Feb','Mar'), '            '&ColumnName, ColumnName)

From Location;

Regards,

Anand

ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anand,

Thanks for response. Hope this method is not applicable to the scenario.

AAK