Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authentication over Reverse Proxy

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a rev proxy (based on Apache) in front of QlikView web server (10 SR2). All seems to be fine except when I try to run the authentication though it. Connections and auth's fine if I connect directly to the server but not over the rev proxy. The server's run in DMS mode and the web server is configured for header authentication with an alternative login page (web form).

I get always a 401, which is ok for the first time but after the auth over the login page to server answers still with 401...

Does anyone experienced something similar or has a solution to it?

Thanks,

Kai

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Windows Integrated Authentication works fine only if there is IIS web server, max two "hops" = another IIS server in the middle, client in same Windows domain, no firewalls in between.

Apache will discard all proprietary NTLM negotiation headers.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Is there a way to get this working with using Apache? I tried to change to header authentication but this seems not to work. What I want to achieve is that the Apache based reverse proxy is in front of the Qlikview web server. Any chance to achieve this?

Thanks,

Kai

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

QlikView works out-of-the-box with IIS and QVWebServer .There is support for Windows Integrated Authentication.

On the other hand, Apache does a lot of things well, except Windows authentication.

You got to choose one

-Alex