Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Currently out of SESSION and USAGE CALs

Hi,

Our QV 10 server is working fine until these two days, some users reported that they can't access the docs in QV server, the screen prompted:

"Access denied! The server (QVS) is currently out of SESSION and USAGE CALs. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator."

I have tried to delete the .shared and .meta files as told in this community. It works for a while, users report failure again. And I can't do this trick again to release the session, I want to ask:

1. Is there any way to kill a idle session to free up the license?

2. How the SESSION and USAGE CALs work?

Thanks.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

describe more, seems that it is not only license issue. As some users report the above error, at the same time another user can still open some docs in the QV server.

Not applicable
Author

anyone can help?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Deleted .shared files? I thought that this file contains the shared objects that users create via Access Point.

You will have to free up some licenses from the QMC or QEMC ..... Or buy new licenses.

Thanks,

Robinson

Not applicable
Author

How to free up licenses from QEMC?

csellei
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI,

Did you migrated to SR4?

Whe have the same issue after migrating to QV10 SR4 with customers that only have Named User CAL's and Document CAL's and, as you described, it's a random issue. Some users can access the document, some user can't.

There is a bug in SR4 related to the error message you described.

1. I think you have to open a ticket with with QlikTech Support (or QlikView reseller you are working with) in order to get Customer Patch download links for this bug.

2. After patch installation, you may need to delete .pgo files and reassign licenses. I't seems like someting get broken at .pgo files.

Note that you can find .pgo files into two folders:

1. Root folder as configured into QEMC.

2. C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.

You have to delete .pgo files at both folders.

I suggest you get back up of .pgo files, so you can restore them if something goes wrong.

Regards.

Christian

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I haved the same problem, I deleted the files .pgo in the folders:

ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents  and

ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

But before this, do the backup of the nameds CALS and documents CAlS, because it will lost in the QMC.