Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to access reports on qlikview server

Hi,

I have installed a qlikview server and i got 5 user CALs. I have assigned a user as a CAL in Active directory authentication. I was able to view all the dashboards in the Qlikview server machine, but i cannot access in the client machine to which i have assigned the cal. I tried this url - http://<machinename>/qlikview/index.htm. I tried all the possible means to rectify it, I couldnot find a solution. Do i need to do some settings if i need to access form other machines.

Thanks in advance,

Praveen.

10 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Praveen,

First thing you need to check is whether port 80 is open on your server or not.

If its open then check whether user is able to login from their machine or not.

If not then tell us what error you are getting

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Port 80 is open on my server,when i try the url on my client machine, i get a blank page, some times it will redirect me to some other page like qlikview/login2.htm . not sure why it is like that. I am using active directory and NTLM based authentication.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Just want to know one thing, the user is able to login to access point?

If yes then what you need to do is go to the report location on your server, right click on the qvw file and say properties, go to security tab and add the user to whom you want to show or give access.

Because you are using NTLM authorization, qlikview listens to the windows security associated with each and every file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

The user cannot able to access the login page, thats the problem!

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Can you do one check. From users machine try to ping the server and see if you get the response?

If you dont get the response means there is no connection in your user machine and server.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Since all the users from one domain, end users can ping the server machine, no problem in it. Any configuration changes are there to make it work?

Regards,

Praveen.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Check whether the Qlikview services are working properly or not?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Services were also working fine. I checked it at times.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So what error message do you get when trying to access the http://server/qlikview page? Page not found? Access denied? Please share some insight