Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to use varaibles in expressions to read several different fields from the script?

Hi all,

I've been thinking to enable users to have a single tab and to be able to get values shown in different currencies. Of course, one at a time. I've prepared the script to have, for example, three fields representing amounts, like Amount_LCY, Amount_USD, Amount_EUR and this is fine.

Next, I've created three buttons represnting each currency and set the action to change one parameter to be used in expressions.

Finally, on a presentation object I want to have a single column which will show amounts in one of those currencies based on the value asigned to that single parameter. Here is an example of the expression: sum(Amt$(vCY))

I've been hoping that since QV dynamically calculcates values it will also take this into account and if the LCY button is pressed it will refreesh and show amounts in a local currency, but when the EUR button is pressed it will refresh and shopw amount converted into Euros as I have everything in the script.

Thank you for ideas/answers.

Best regards,

Nenad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I made a small but important mistake. Didn't put the equal sign before the function. This is how it should be entered in the expression field:  =sum(Amt$(vCY))

Thanks to all

View solution in original post

3 Replies
bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Could you please attach your qvw?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Boris, please see this http://community.qlik.com/message/195526#195526

Regards

Norbert

Not applicable
Author

I made a small but important mistake. Didn't put the equal sign before the function. This is how it should be entered in the expression field:  =sum(Amt$(vCY))

Thanks to all