Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to format a Column Chart to change colors based on a goal

I am trying to fingure out how to have individual columns in a chart change be green or red depending on if the daily goal was surpassed or not.

For example if the target was passed for the day I want the column to be Green. If the target was missed then I want the column to be Red.

Is this possible in QV? How would I do it?

Tim

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Where you are using? Which chart?

Try like this,

if straight table means, use in expression tab -> '+' sign -> background color

=if([target was passed for the day expression], green(), red())

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response. I do have one question though, where would I put the second option below, in the expression builder?

MayilVahanan

Hi

Check the attached image.. You can give in text color or background color

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Can you open the Expression box. I am having a hard time reading the expression that you are writing

Thanks

MayilVahanan

HI

In the expression box, use expression something like this..

=if([target was passed for the day expression], green(), red()) . I posted a sample image..

Can you post a sample file?