Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional image based on two values of a gauge chart

Hi,

I'm just starting using Qlikview 10 and I don't know how to do some things.

I have 3 images (same image, only change colours) that have to change based on the values of a gauge chart.

The gauge chart have three colours: Red, Orange and Green that represents Poor, Average and Excellent performance. The image have to change to the same colour in the gauge chart.

How can I do it? I read about the Conditional option in Design/Show, but still don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure exactly how/where you are showing the image, but how about having all three images in the sheet, in exactly the same spot (x, y, and size) and do a conditional hide/show with logics as in the gauge, resulting in showing only the one desired image at a time.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Ross,

If you mean you have a text object which background must change depending on the results returned by the gauge chart, go to the text object properties (right click on it), General tab, click on the Color and a new dialog "Base Color", set it to "Calculated" and use a conditional based on your gauge expression, something like

=If(Sum(Sales) > 100, Green(), If(Sum(Sales) > 80, Yellow(), Red()))

Where Sum(Sales) is your gauge expression.

Hope that helps.