Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Rollback

Hi,  How can i keep track of my changes in qvw? For example, if i work on a qvw document named as test1.qvw. I proceeded with the developments and saved now and then. Now i want to go back to particular point with middle of developments works done and want to view that.   Example: Test.qvw  whether it will save at each step like the below? if so where and how can i retrieve.  1st step of development: testv1.qvw 2nd step of development: testv2.qvw 3rd step of development: testv3.qvw  so that i can view my development works at every save point. how to achive this please help.  Regards. Siva

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Siva,

QlikView 11 features version control with TFS and SVN. Check here on the steps to make it working.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II
Author

Miguel, Thanks for the help. Enabling backup option on user preferences will helps to keep track of the savepoints on multiple times. How it differs from TFS and SVN concept?  Regards. Siva

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Siva,

Basically, SVN is an open source implementation of version control that has several servers and customers available in the web, while TFS (Team Fundation Server) is part of the Microsoft Visual Studio products, to track and monitor changes in Visual Studio projects.

This version control is quite comprehensive, allowing you not only to keep the whole document and roll back to a previous version in case of emergency, but to allow multi development and control who has done what and when, allowing different developers to work on the same document, keep track of the changes, merge two documents into one and so.

Hope this makes sense.

Miguel