Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Publisher and PDF report generator

Hello,

In my application I have a structure with

• Departements
    • Units in departements

I would like to generate automatically a report for each Unit, see the screenshots for an example: is that possible with these tools ? Or what do you advice me ?

Thank you for your advices!

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, it's possible and you seem to have it already set up. In the "Report Settings", Selection pane, select the field you want to loop over. Your example is already set up that way.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer but that's not exactly what I want:

Look at the pdf attached file in my first post: even if the loop is correct, one big file is generated but I would like to generate one pdf for each unit.

The next step would be to send these PDF automatically per email.

Do you have any idea ? Could I do all these steps with the publisher and the PDF generator ?

Thank you,

Ivan

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, you can do this with Publisher and the PDF feature. In the Publisher Task definition, you will specifiy the field to loop over. That field will be linked to another field that contains the email address to send to.

You will get one PDF for each unit, and each PDF will be sent to a different (associated) email address.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

If the loop is for 300 business units, and need to be sent to the 300 managers, could it be done? I'm trying to do this but the task expires at the 115 email and enter in a "warning" state.

Why?