Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mapping with wildcards

I have tried Mapping with wildcards from the QV Cookbook (http://robwunderlich.com/downloads/)  example "Mapping with a table using wildcards" .

This works perfect for a few lines, but If I want to use it for more than approx 10 statements than it's not working anymore.

Does anyone have another solution?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It's for using in a qwv for bankstatements. The used discription is always mixed in length, place of the needed part and use of numbers and letters. Eg

Descriptions:

1256 SUPER 56    

1 NEXT FIRM 55663

PLACE 69.12.63

I want to have then:

Descriptions:                   Key:                    Label1               Label2          Label3

1256 SUPER 56               *SUPER*             FOOD               BREAD          CompanyA

1 NEXT FIRM 55663          *FIRM*               FOOD                  MEAT          CompanyB

PLACE 69.12.63               *69.12*               BANK               BANK               CompanyC

Etc etc for many+ descriptions.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

How many records does your wildmatch mapping table have? As far as I can see Rob's approach creates two string variables. If you have a large wildmatch table, maybe the keys and labels don't fit in the strings anymore, ie the length becomes bigger than a string variable can contain.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

The wildmatch table has about 100 records, and indeed that does not fit that is why I am looking for another solution.