Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide listbox when selecting an object in a container

Hello ppl,

Does anyone know how to hide a listbox, when i select a specific chart in a container

EG.

I have Sales by product and Product Comparison in a container (2 charts)

My Product Comparison has 2 listboxes which is alternate states

When i select my product comparsion chart it should show those listboxes, but when i select sales by product chart, it should hide my listboxes

Can anyone help??

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I was mistaken. In QV10 this approach is possible, but QV11 doesn't have OnActivate triggers for objects anymore. Since you're using alternate states that means you're using QV11. So it's not possible to click on a chart and have an action take place. You could create a button to switch the visibility of the listboxes. Here's an example where a button is used to hide/show two listboxes http://community.qlik.com/message/201149#201149.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can add a triggers on you charts (see sheet properties) and use that to set a variable. You can then use that variable in an expression for the conditional show expression (Layout tab on the listbox properties screen) of the listboxes.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you - Can u maybe give me an example? I cant quite figure out how to set it up

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

It's possible only with a macro,

look at this sample.

Regards

MC

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I was mistaken. In QV10 this approach is possible, but QV11 doesn't have OnActivate triggers for objects anymore. Since you're using alternate states that means you're using QV11. So it's not possible to click on a chart and have an action take place. You could create a button to switch the visibility of the listboxes. Here's an example where a button is used to hide/show two listboxes http://community.qlik.com/message/201149#201149.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you! thats really stupid I hate buttons, they are so ugly!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Thats not what i was looking for - but anyways thank for the tip!