Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Resizing Columns in inverted Pivot Tables

Hello QlikCommunity,

My client likes to read their chart figures from left to right, broken down across the top. To do this, I'm making pivot tables in QV, dragging the expressions to the left, and dragging the dimensions to the top.

This is making column resizing problematic. When I try to shorten my dimension columns (which are just numbers), the first expression column (which is a descriptive string) also shortens. Has anyone run into this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes. If you dont need the expand/collapse feature for dimensions you can try using a straight table and check the option Horizontal on the Presentation tab. That way you have more control over the width of the column with the expressions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes. If you dont need the expand/collapse feature for dimensions you can try using a straight table and check the option Horizontal on the Presentation tab. That way you have more control over the width of the column with the expressions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Superb! Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Gybert

I have columns headers in a table that are too long but cannot abbreviate them or cut them short. Is there a way to invert them and also wrap the text so they are upright?