Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SSO for QlikView V11

Hi,

I have following Environment.

1)Domain controller Win 2003

2)QVS Server Win 2003 (QV11 Sr2)

3)Sharepoint Server (Web Pages) win 2003 (Moss 2007)

A User will log on to sharepoint portal via  active directory users. Now there is a link on sharepoint webpage which will redirect to Qlikview application itself.

Here in my case when I hit this link its asking for password again.

Can someone help me to achieve this in V11. I don't want to use IIS server for authentication.

I have gone through SSO document for V10 with IIS.

It would be great if someone could help me in this regard with default QlikView WebServer with some scenerio or snapshots.

Awaiting for your reply.

13 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You're just using a link to qlikview and not QlikView Sharepoint webparts, right? I don't see why there will be any issues with single sign on, I think you're getting the login prompt because you need to put the QlikView Server in the local IE intranet zone, also make sure you're not being routed through a proxy.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The best way to do this is to install IIS support for QlikView on the SharePoint Server. This will stop the issue of double hop.

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2008/08/22/iis-windows-authentication-and-the-double-hop-issu...

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

I checked it with Feddler. Its working fine in the Qlikview server Itself.

But When I wana access it from sharepoint server It's prompting me to enter logon details again.

Yes, I'm just using Link to Qlikview server document only, not webpart and  I donot have any proxies.

The Idea behind this is I need to acheived SSO. Via Ticketing or something similar?

Right now it for sharepoint. I might need it to integrate with other weblogon like, CA-Siteminder,  or some other solution e.t.c.

Can you let me know how to acheive SSO with V11. as there are lot of changes regarding this when compared to that of V10.

Reagrds

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I have gone through many of your responses regarding this.

Actually I'm looking for SSO with CA-Siteminder or something similar portal.

Where user will enter with his AD id in portal. and there will be a link to redirect this user directly to qlikview document with asking for credentials.

I believe you can help me in this regard.

Kind Regard

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Bill, they are not using webparts just a link, I don't see how that would cause a double hop.

Can you post the link you're using?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

It will be direct link to application itself,

First logon will be to portal Of SharePoint or Ca SiteMinder.

Secondly, there there will ba a similar link posted below in sharepoint

http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Online%20Sales.qvw&host=QVS@ashfaq-pc

Which will redirect to QlikView Application Itself, Not Access Point.

But, When user click this Link, It will ask again for authentication.

I Need this user to be authenticated automatically without entering his credentials for the second time.

Regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is the double hop. The way around it is to install the QlikView IIS support on the Sharepoint server and they point the link to that. This will stop the double hop.

Take a look at this document.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2594

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

That document is to configure QlikView with sharepoint Web Part.

I'm not using webparts. Its a direct link to Qlikview application form sharepoint server.

Let's remove sharepoint. I need to achieve this type of SSO from CA site minder to QlikView.

Your help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Regard

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am trying to point you in the same direction. This document talks about the double Hop issue. You will not be able to pass the login because of this. You will have to do Webtickets or Header to pass it. I have tried to explain the easies way for you.

Bill