Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

How to store the data of a table into Monthly and MonthEnd QVD's?

Hi All,

I want to store transaction data(table contains 3 years data) which is stored in a qlikview table in to Monthly QVD and MonthEnd QVD. Each Monthly QVD should contain entire month QVD(eg: 1st Jan to 31st Jan or 1st Jan to 20th Jan(If the data contains only till 20th Jan)). Each MonthEnd qvd should contain data for End of the month(eg: Jan MonthEnd QVD should contain data only for 31st Jan or it should contain 20th Jan if(If the data contains only till 20th Jan).While storing the qvd(Both Monthly and MonthEnd QVD) it should be prefixed with table name and suffixed with month and Year. We store it in seperate folder to differentiate the same.

Could you please help me out to store the QVD's as described above. It is little urgent!

Thanks,

Attitude

17 Replies
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your help! I am yet to check your code. I want to store both Monthly and MonthEnd qvd's in below format but in different folder(To differentiate montly and monthend qvd).Could you please do the required change in the script.

QVDNAME.2012_01.QVD   Format: QVDNAME.YYYY_MM.QVD

Thanks,
Attitude

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sushil,

Are you there? Can you please reply back as soon as you can as it is little urgent

Thanks,

Attitude

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Nirmal I will refer and update

Not applicable

Is this working.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Please give me sometime. I am currently trying what sushil has given to me. It is something I was looking for. I will try yours later and will update you.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hello if you want to store the qvd's in specific folder then change the code as

Initially set a variable for the desired folder path

SET vcQvdPath = I:\Qlikview\Qvds\

then change in the code

STORE [$(monthname)_END] into $(vcQvdPath )T_$(monthname)_END.qvd(qvd);

HTH

Sushil

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I wanted something like below! It was posted earlier!

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your help! I am yet to check your code. I want to store both Monthly and MonthEnd qvd's in below format but in different folder(To differentiate montly and monthend qvd).Could you please do the required change in the script.

QVDNAME.2012_01.QVD   Format: QVDNAME.YYYY_MM.QVD

Thanks,
Attitude

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

i have changed the code,

make sure your folder path should me correct.

Please let me know i you have any concern..

and if your problem is resolved then mark this as right answere and close the thread.

HTH

Sushil