Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Dimensions and Metrics - Hourglass when scrolling

Hi All

I've created a report that uses 2 listboxes containing Dimensions and Metrics (Expressions) the user can select what he wants to see in a straight table using the enable conditional option in Dimensions and Expressions.  There are 20 possible Dimensions and 10 possible Expressions

My problem is that even when only < 1000 rows are displayed and only 1 dimension and 5 expressions are selected I still get an hourglass appearing when I scroll the data?  I can create an identical straight table without the conditional stuff and it scrolls without any issue?

Please can anyone advise what is going wrong?

Thanks

Dominic

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

OK So I've looked at this further and have found that it's the conditional Expressions causing the problem, If I untick the conditional on expressions and leave the dimesions as conditional the table works perfectly.  Maybe I can look at using a macro instead to add and remove expressions....?

Dom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dom,

you are right, it's a bad implementation of this feature by qliktech. You get far less performance problems, if you are working with QV 11 SR2. Look for the release notes of SR2.

Regards,

Sacho