cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhassinger
Creator
Creator

After file distribution through Publisher, section access not working

We have an application that uses section access to identify the user based on their NTNAME and reduce the data they can see based on their geographical permissions. This all works fine, locally, through access point, etc. as long as it hasn't been distributed via Publisher. The files that Publisher produces, once opened, identifies every user as a service account we have set up, instead of their windows login.

So prior to pubishing, if Joe Blow opens it, it recognizes him as DOMAIN\JOEBLOW, but after publishing, everyone is authenticated as DOMAIN\QVSERVICEACCOUNT.

This is the same whether going through access point or just going into the server and opening the QVW locally there.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This is normally an issue with the setup of section access. I am going to send you an email off line.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
mhassinger
Creator
Creator
Author

Bill, the email I'm registered here isn't the current one I use. I PM'd you with my current address.

Not applicable

Were you guys able to troubleshoot this. I am facing the same issue. Can you please share your solution. Thanks!