Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Shared Objects - Bookmarks

Hi,

I have an issue with a shared file being 200MB and it is affecting performance.  After having a look into it with power tools I was able to see which users had the most bookmarks - and then I would do a tidy etc.  One user has 149 BM IDs but when logging in as this user they only have one bookmark associated with them.  From reading the reference manual I thought each BM ID matched a single bookmark?  Is there a way to tell who has the most bookmarks?

Also is there a way to do a bulk delete? We have a lot of users who are no longer active that might have created a few, I would like to be able to remove in a single transaction if possible.

Thanks

Paul

10 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Paul,

Disabling Session Recovery will prevent QVS creating bookmarks each time a new user logs in, and certainly will help to stop the growth of the file.

However, after doing a backup of the file (for which you will need to stop services) I'd try to go to the QMC, delete as many bookmarks and objects as you can see there that can be deleted, then use the QlikView Power Tools as Rob suggests above to defrag the file and see if it does the job.

Hope that helps.

Miguel