Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bookmarks in the QlikView Access Point

Hey All,

I've got a weird problem going on and I want to figure out if it is something I caused or if it is a bug with QlikView.  I've created a large multi-sheet document that is being deployed to the users via the QlikView Access Point.  While working on it in the desktop app I can create and user document bookmarks just fine.  Once I copy this file to the access point so it can be accessed from the web the bookmarks no longer work.

I can still see my bookmarks in the drop menu, but when I choose them little to nothing happens.  For example if I choose a bookmark relative to a different sheet than the one I am currently looking at the sheet will change just fine.  The problem is with selections - it seems that none of my selections in the bookmark take effect.

What's weird is that these bookmarks work just fine on the desktop!  The selections take hold no problem.

At first I thought this was a problem with the access point, but I tried using bookmarks in some other documents and they seem to work just fine.  This leads me to think that there is something wrong with my document that is causing this problem.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem before?  Could this be a bug with the access point?  Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks!

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I've looked into this further and it appears to happen as a result of choosing the "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" toggle in the document properties.  When I toggle this off the bookmarks work okay in the access point. This seems like it might be a bug.

squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

Hi.  Anyone have any luck.  We're having the same problem, but it seems to be browser specific.  Works fine in Chrome and IE, does not work in Firefox.  Have tried it on both documents that have section access and documents that don't have section access so the 'initial data reduction based on SA' properties doesn't seem to affect it

squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

Just an update to this.  Found a pc with an old version of firefox on it (24.0) and it works fine there. Doesn't work in Firefox v25.0.1

Another update - Yes, Firefox update was our problem. 

http://community.qlik.com/message/421886#421886

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Also this is a bug fixed in QVS 11.2 SR5.

See http://community.qlik.com/thread/98968.

Best regards,

Maxim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Maxim,

I am encountering the same issue.

Replace bookmark is not working, even I dont have any section access implemented in my app.

I am using 11.2 SR 10.

Whenever I am using Replace bookmark Action , on desktop client it works fine but on access point it do not work.

Please help me out in this

Regards

Nitin

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I'm not from Qlik so I cannot help you somehow, just can suggest use of last release which hopefully has not the bug. At least release 11.20.12742.0 works correctly with this.

Best regards,

Maxim

Not applicable
Author

Hi QlikView End Users,

Inform all your QlikView users (End Users) to uncheck all the options in the bookmark wizard while creating bookmarks in the access point.

Bookmark Issue Solution.jpg

Doing this dramatically reduces the size of your server bookmarks.

The reason behind this issue is because checking the above options save all the layout properties, chart properties, font’s properties and all the other document properties including Meta data in the ".Shared File".

Un-checking these options reduces the size of the server bookmarks and avoids from the corruption within the .Shared

File.

Best Regards,

Sandeep Babu S