cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II

DBF File

I have some data stored in a file with extension .DBF   (database file)

Can I import data to Qlikview from that file. If this file type is not allowed how can convert data to file type recognized by Qlikview

Pls someone help me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check that the MS-Access dBASE Driver is installed. If it isn't download the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable. Next start the ODBC administrator tool odbcad32.exe and add a Data Source. Make sure to select the directory that contains your DBF file. In the screenshot below I've set up a connection to the dbfiles in a directory d:\qvdata\temp.

comm101810.png

In the script you then connect using the ODBC data source you just made and then load the data:

ODBC CONNECT TO [Access - dbf];

select * from fox_samp;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Eugeny_Ilyin
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

ODBC, OLEDB ...?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check that the MS-Access dBASE Driver is installed. If it isn't download the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable. Next start the ODBC administrator tool odbcad32.exe and add a Data Source. Make sure to select the directory that contains your DBF file. In the screenshot below I've set up a connection to the dbfiles in a directory d:\qvdata\temp.

comm101810.png

In the script you then connect using the ODBC data source you just made and then load the data:

ODBC CONNECT TO [Access - dbf];

select * from fox_samp;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand