Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

column active on different Listbox(month)

Dear All,

In my application there are one month field, but due to some requirement in pivot table I want to give three month list box , So on the selection of 1st listbox one Actual column will active and on the selection of 2nd listbox Budget column will react.

JanFebMarAprilMayJun
JanFebMarAprilMayJun
NameActualBudget
A20005000
B50002000

Regards,

Rahul

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There are probably several solutions to this, also depending on your overall requirements and data model.

For example, you can create independent master calendars for actual and budget months, please have a look at

Tutorial - Using Common Date Dimensions and Shared Calendars

Or use alternate states for the different month list boxes and set analysis for the calculations.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using QV11 you can use alternate states to solve this. Create an alternate state for each listbox on the General tab of the Document properties window. Next assign the alternate states to the listboxes on the General tab of the properties window of the listboxes. Suppose you named your alternate states AS1 and AS2. In your pivot table you can now add two expressions for Actual and Budget. For example:

Actual: sum({AS1} Actual_Value)

Budget: sum({AS2} Budget_Value)

A selection in the month listbox with alternate state AS1 will only affect the Actual expression. A selection in the other listbox will only be applied to the Budget expression.

Note: replace Actual_Value and Budget_Value with your real field names.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

But I am using QV10 , so if I have to do this I have to Up gradate QV10 to QV11...?

And if I go for upgradation of QV10 to QV11 on same server , Is I have to creates all task and changes again on server.. ??

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using QV10 you can do something similar with input boxes and variables. But you'll get dropdown boxes instead of listboxes. See attached example.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you need QV11 and up to use alternate states.

If you want to upgrade, please prepare thoroughly, get some help and / or search the docs / forum, e.g. for

http://community.qlik.com/thread/91356

Instead of alternate states, you can also try data islands for the two month selections. Please check attached.

Not applicable
Author

Sry but can you give a simple .qvw bz the qvw given by you is not easy to understand...I created a master calender but not able to find the right way...Plz provide some easy example ...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The script of the example doesn't matter, but here's a cleaned up version.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for instant reply... plz tell me how to arrange these months in Jan Feb March......PLz find attachment..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks done...