Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a Master calender using three different date fields which is in one table

Hi,

I want to create a master table that takes date from three different date columns , but that columns are in same table .

Could anyone tell How to gather all the dates of three columns into one master calender.

Thanks

1 Solution
4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Geeta,

if I understand you correctly, what you want to do is rather linking your data_table to the master_calendar three times via three different date_fields?

<=> Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to do that in QlikView as it doesn't let you specify which fields you want to use in a link, but it automatically links via any field(s) that happen to have the same name.

=> When I had this problem, I ended up creating a small secondary master_calendar.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

You would need to do some kind of aggr expression I'd imagine to find the min date and the max date across all three fields and then store those min and max values in variables and use those variables for the master calendar.  I find myself always referring to this community post for master calendar stuff...  Hope that points ya in the right direction.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author