Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 11 - User Documents - can't remove qvw

Hi.

For some reason our QMC is still showing a User Document, that has been removed.

I have tried to re-create the a document with the same name, just to be sure that no Task or DocCal was allocated the document. And there is nothing of that kind assign to the document.

But after checking for all that and after deleting the qvw-document again, the document still shows under the User Document in the QMC.

Trying to apply some change to the document in User Document pane, I'm getting the error:

"Failed to set document meta data".

For some reason the document name is spelled with upper case (capital) letters in the QMC.

Any ideas how to remove that User Document from the QMC?

(It's not possible to remove the pgo-files, because they holds a lot of info on other documents).

13 Replies
cpiocpio
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

I just happened to a very similar issue.

I was working through the Server Publisher Training Exercises, which involves setting up server ant then onto a publisher set up.

I found that I too had a QVW file showing in USERDOCS folder in QMC where the file did not exist. It showed in UPPERCASE.

I restored back to a point where I was just running SERVER and not publisher and found the same issue there.

So ....

Since QVW not is User Docs folder ..

I put it back in USERDOCS, since at SERVER point, it would not reference any SOURCE folder

Disabled the 2 tasks that exist at this point

and then in  QMC User Document – removed the RELOAD schedules

So now – no tasks show

Checked Document Cals and 5  were assigned

Removed User assigned  to document in QMC User Document

Removed Cals assigned to document in QMC User Document

Deleted QVW from UserDocs
AND BINGO, no more Non Existent File showing in  QMC User Document

Not applicable
Author

You say : "but the event-log pointed at" .... where did this pointing appeared.

I have the same problem, but I can't find this line

Not applicable
Author

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer in one of these Event*.log ... But it has happened for a while and now a can't find this line again ...

But the problem isn't solved: The Management Console shows me these filenames ...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Joachim,

I've just had the same problem here, with ghost documents trying to be found by the server in the folder:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\S:\Blablabla\...

What I have done:

Changing the Root Folder for the QVS in the System/Setup Tab to a brand new one.

Restarting the QVS Service (It is automatic, though)

Done!

No more ghost qvw in the User Document tab.

Edit: Be careful however: your CALs will be reset, so spare you some time to replace them for each document.

I've juste have to step back because all my users could not connect to their doc (due to my CAL being not assigned anymore)