Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Limit Access to Named Cals

Hi I have some Named User Cals that shouldn´t  see a application. I only have QV server and need to use NTFS sequrity on file.

My question is do I have to remove the Users from Group or user names to keep this users out of the application? I will ofcourse name the valid users here. Or is there another way to do this?

2014-03-12_1252.png

13 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Staffan,

Remove the "Users" group and make sure the service account that is running the QV services is there with full control. Then add the users you want to have access with "read & execute and read" rights

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi Bill,

That exactlly what I whant to here. My guess was that "User" was all the Named user cals.

Do you have any answer about my missing section access managment (see above), and yes the user is a local Qlikview administrator, is it a bug?

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would think if you are not using publisher this would not show up. I can test it and let you know.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

OK, that will explain why, I normally dont work in Enviorment only with QV server.

Thanks again