Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview licence

Hello Qlikview Experts,

I am very new to qlikview and working on the personal edition and i am not able to open other qlikview file except the sample files and i want to know about the qlikview licence. Will it be licence problem i am very newbie and working for the company please help.

Thanks in advance and provide me help...

Thanks Emily

9 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

read here

Personal Edition FAQs

and also here for pricing (non personal edition)

http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/pricing

yduval75
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

You have a free licence : personal edition.

You can open to 4 other qlikview files. After, you need to have a qlikview dekstop licence or to borrow a licence from qlikview serveur.

For more information http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1799

bharath28
Creator
Creator

Hi Emily,

You can purchase Qlikview Desktop license, if you are the only developer who develop qlikview dashboard in your organization. The server license(CALs) is require if users(s) want to access the qlikview documents from a central location.

The point is, only user with qlikivew license(Desktop or Server) can open qv documents created by other users.

Regards,

Bharath

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

In the Qlikview Licensing Pricing documents i read the document and what are this and meaning for this Named user license and Document license

Named User License$1,350 per named user
Document License1$350 per named user, per document

Thanks in Advance

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Document is for one doc, one user

Named is for all docs, one user

I think you need named as a developer to open every doc you want

So, if you have a qlikview server a named license, if you don't have a server a qlikview desktop license (the price should be the same as named for server).

vkolasani
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Emily,

You can't open the qlikview files (.qvw) using the personal addition unless they are enabled to open with personal edition of Qlikview.

Even if we create any dashboard (.qvw) using liscensed version there is no option to enable the document to be used with personal edition of Qlikview. Only way is get the exception from Qlitech t enable the above mentioned option.

Some of the training or demo .qvw files that are shared in community forums are personal edition enabled and is the reason we can open them.

Thanks-Venu

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for various license types in Qlikview.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

For a local desktop installation there are 2 options for licensing it:

1. Buy a local client license (valid til provided expiry date of license)

2. Lease a Named Client Access License (CAL) from the QlikView server (server connectivity needed)

Leasing a license goes quite easy:

• in QlikView desktop navigate to File > Open in Server
  • provide the connection credentials
  • open a QlikView document

The license is valid for 28 days. After 28 days QlikView Desktop will degrade to Personal Edition again, so you need to contact the QlikView Server again to continue to work with QlikView Desktop with all document opening capabilities.

Other CALs related to the server (session, usage and document CALs) cannot be used for licensing QlikView Desktop.

Not applicable
Author

if i have a named cal for development , what is the licence required for my end users to view my developed dash board. say for 8-10 business users , will document cal will suffice ? or required named call for all business users ?