Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why would "no access to document" error be logged when "Lost connection to server" error is displayed?

This happens intermittently, so the fact it works sometimes indicates there isn't really an access issue.

Timeout settings have already been increased to 1 hour for session timeout and 10 minutes for Object Calculation time limit.

Things do seem to run a little slower when the issue happens, but it seems to time out within a minute or two...The last one I timed was around a minute, but a little longer (~ 1 minute 7 seconds)

I have been able to replicate the issue by clearing all filters (so using all data), and trying to open one of the detail tabs

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

btw - the "no access to document" error is found in the QlikView server log around the time of the issue.

Not applicable
Author

Here are a couple of other notes on the issue:

This is occurring in our largest QlilkView application (about 25 MB uncompressed).

I am not encountering the error when applying filters to select smaller data sets to report on.

I've also submitted this issue to Qlik Support and will advise here if I obtain a solution from them.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

In the Web config.xml file try increasing  <QvsTimeout>60</QvsTimeout>

The file is located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bill Britt,

What is the meaning of this QvsTimeout?  I don't see anything corresponding to it on QMC.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi

This setting helps when you are exporting large excel data or printing large documents  that takes a while for the QVS to processes.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.