cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to allocate CAL's to Documents ?

Hi

We have 2 Dash boards. Document CAL's available on server 235 and Named CAL's 10. How to allocate this CAL's to Documents?

The requirement is for 1 st dashboard...150 , 2 nd dash board ...50,  free..35. Pls healp me ASAP.

Regards,

Krishna.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

the process of allocating is easy enough - but if I might add one word - DOCUMENT IT!

There are several dedicated QlikView_constructs available to tell you about CAL_association and other performance measures of all kinds - but some of these tools require access to the server - which rules them out for me - and then, every additional tool you have means additional resource_usage and an additional potential for trouble if it doesn't work at the time someone asks - so just make a matrix with your users and your qvw_files and flag which user has a Document_CAL for what - and which user has a Named_CAL.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

5 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

the process of allocating is easy enough - but if I might add one word - DOCUMENT IT!

There are several dedicated QlikView_constructs available to tell you about CAL_association and other performance measures of all kinds - but some of these tools require access to the server - which rules them out for me - and then, every additional tool you have means additional resource_usage and an additional potential for trouble if it doesn't work at the time someone asks - so just make a matrix with your users and your qvw_files and flag which user has a Document_CAL for what - and which user has a Named_CAL.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick reply

Its really helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

what are the main differences between Named  CAL & Doc CAL . For whom to shall i allocate Named CAL, What is the extra privileges for Named Cal user compare with Doc CAL User.

Regards

Krishna

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Mainly:

Named CAL -

• user can access unlimited number of applications
  • user can lease license fron prod server and develop applications

Doc CAL -

• user can access only one application
  • user can't lease license