Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access with Intial selection on Accesspoint/Server

Morning all

I have read a lot on here about section access and how it works but am still having trouble with one part.  Is there no way to set a document to "Intial Selection Based on Section Access" and have it work when it is on the server or accessed via the web?

The difficulty I had was that when you logged on the intial selection worked but when the next person logged in the last selections would be still there and section access gets ignored.

2 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Bella

could you explain more this #when the next person logged in the last selections would be still there and section access gets ignored.@

the reduction works only for the first user?

the user acces with different name users?

explain or put an example to be easier to help you

thank you

Fernando

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For example we have two users David and John, John logs onto the document with the generic licence LOGON1 and then is asked for his section acces user name and password, when entered the document opens with John's data selected (but the abiltiy for him to see all data if he unselects himself exists), john does some reporting and checking on things and leaves the system. David logs on with the generic licence LOGON1 and then is asked for his section acces user name and password, when entered the document opens with the selections that John left and does not select David's data.

It is not a reduction just a selection.  this works fine on the desktop but not on the server.

Capture.PNG.png

The users have individual usernames and passwords at section access level but are using the same licence

I unfortunately can't post and example as I am unable to strip out enough to meet our confidentiality rules and still have the document work.