Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Split weeks into two datasets if month changes

I have a dataset over 6 months which I need to split out into a weekly view. However, when the month changes during the week, I need to be able to show the data up to the end of the month and then for the remainder of the week, for example:

FROM

20-Jul-14 = 642

27-Jul-14 = 498

03-Aug-14 = 572

TO

20-Jul-14 = 642

27-Jul-14 = 498

30-Jul-14 = 403

01 to 03-Aug-14 = 169

I would like to do this in a straight table or pivot table. It must be some combination of the WeekEnd and MonthEnd functions, but I just can't seem to replicate what I need. I have attached an image from the spreadsheet I am trying to replicate

WeekMonth.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I managed to solve the issue here, and it turned out to be pretty straightforward. For the Dimension you use the following formula:

IF(Month(Report_Date)<>Month(WeekEnd(Report_Date)),MonthEnd(Report_Date),WeekEnd(Report_Date))

In summary; if the month of the date is not the same as the month of the last day of the week, then bring back the end of the month otherwise bring back the end of the week

I'm not really sure why the month part did not occur to me beforehand, but there you go!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Hi,

In the attaced file you have an example with Month and Week as you need

Is in Spanish

• Week = Semana
  • Month = Mes

Saludos y suerte

Enrique

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for that, I have split the data out by month in the table as well as week to show the totals as in the spreadsheet picture. I still need to display the week name as two different things though

Not applicable
Author

I managed to solve the issue here, and it turned out to be pretty straightforward. For the Dimension you use the following formula:

IF(Month(Report_Date)<>Month(WeekEnd(Report_Date)),MonthEnd(Report_Date),WeekEnd(Report_Date))

In summary; if the month of the date is not the same as the month of the last day of the week, then bring back the end of the month otherwise bring back the end of the week

I'm not really sure why the month part did not occur to me beforehand, but there you go!