Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

To Upgrade or Not to upgrade

We are just starting out with QV8.5. Before we go to far I wanted to find out the differences between 8.5 and 9 and have not been able to find a side by side feature comparison.

I need to build a justification - so any help suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are in the process of upgrading from 8.2 to 9.0 SR3. There are quite a few differences between the versions as far as Publisher / Server is involved. Developer doesn't seem to be so drastic. I would recommend that you go with QV 9.0 SR3 if you are just starting out. You wont have to learn two different approaches as far as Publisher / Server goes.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Version 9 has a lot of nice enhancements.

I suggest downloading the release notes from http://global.qlik.com/download/

Not applicable
Author

You can install Qlikview 9 SR3 client to your client side and then you can see what's new document as a qlikview document.So you can analyse what's new or not in the qlikview document and decide to install it to server side or not.

i think it's a good idea to use qlikview to analyse to install the new version of itself 🙂

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are "just starting" - why start on 8.5??? Don't over analyze it and start with ver. 9.00 - what do you have to lose?

You get much more streamlined Publisher, "Actions" as a nice replacement for Macros, a few new chart types and a bunch of smaller features. Why even bother with the older version?

just my two cents...