Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Presentation "slideshow_effect" - what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I want to set up a slideshow_effect in one of my apps: Based on the current time, the sheets should flip through one after another,

but there should be a button (for the meeting of the teamleaders who only want to see certain sheets) to stop that effect.

So for starters I have created a variable that should define the sheet, based on the time:

=> >>> IF(MOD(Second(num(Now())), 2)=0, 2, 1) <<

That variable should just switch between 1 and 2 - 1 for all the uneven numbers, 2 for the even ones, so it should switch once per second.

=> So far, everything works as expected.

I need $-sign-expansion around that variable, when I put that into a textbox, the variable flip-flops just as expected.

=> Now I would like to implement that variable (the values of that variable, that is) as visibility_conditions in my sheets

<=> That is what doesn't work.

- I need to use $-sign-expansion again of course, so my visibility_condition goes like

>>> $(v_sheet) = 1 <<<

(or 2, respectively)

<=> That does not work: The sheet appears, then it's gone - and it stays gone. The variable goes on flip-floping every second, but the sheet just remains invisible.

Can anybody help me there?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

it seems pretty clear that this method won't work for us. So I see no alternative to using a macro to do the job. Not very elegant since QlikView should be able to do that on its own, but it seems necessary.

<=> I cannot write macros. I can read them and I once did a little VBA and I guess that with some time I could, but
        time is something I don't have ...

=> My question is thus, has anybody ever done something like this? Could anybody maybe provide me with the code
      I would need to use?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler