Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview WebTicket Issue

Hi,

I am having some issues when implementing Web Ticket. I am using membership database to authenticate user in My Web application. Then I am generating tickets and creating URL to redirect to my qlikview document. I need to know if need to change directory service connector to configurable ODBC to make it work.

Thanks.

48 Replies
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

http://community.qlik.com/message/329876#329876

Not able to access the url. Please check this link

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bringlogcool,

Thank you for taking time time to look into my issue.

For direct document, now I am able to open the report from my web application, but I got a issue that

I have the url for Menu which will will have sub reports, in this case, I am able to open the menu document(xyz.qvw) for Menu and its displaying the report names under that Menu, but when I click on any of report links, then its throwing  me out and displaying login page.

How can I open the reports in thie case use of web ticket. Do I need to do any configuration changes or in my web application.

AS of now, from my webapplication, after gettigng the webticket, formatting the url with webticket appropriately and sending to browser as response.sendredirect(url).

If I do so, I dont have control on webticket or formatting the url .

Could you help me in this regard.

Thanks

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Are you trying to use the ticketing for the single sign on or the document chaining. Let me know my understanding is correct

1. You have a custom application with menus.

2. Menus are redirecting to Qlikview dashboard?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brindlogcool,

I have web applicartion, which can show list of reports or menu url(which will have links for some reports), which is retrieved from Database based on logged in user.

When we click any url, corresponding report should open in another tab/window, for this I am using webticket method to open the any single report/document(can be Ajax client url which inturn redirect to opendoc.htm or direct  opendoc.htm url )  and I am successful in opening any qlikview document(including Ajax client url , direct opendoc.htm url and any menu related opendoc.htm or .qvw file). But, when I get any qlikview document with url links for sub reports(nothing but  menu document which have links for few reports), I am able to view/display successfully, where as if I click on any url(link) in that menu (one of list of reports) then getting login page instead of opening the report.(This is my issue at the moment).

If I understood correctly, single sign on and document chaining should work in QV11 onwards.Correct me, if I am wrong. If I am wrong, please tell me where I am missing anything and what I need to do to work for  both the scenarios.

And also, we have section access enabled and working fine as well.

And here is the screenshot, what I am talking about ..

Menu-Issue.png

Thanks,

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

You are redirecting the url to new tab so i don't think you need the web ticket.

Not applicable
Author

HI Pablo, I tried generating the Webticket the way you said. Ticket is getting generated but when I redirect to access point it's taking me to home page and not access point.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Pablo. I am able to redirect user to access point and user can access document from there but the issue is I am getting user not authorized to view this document when I use OpenDoc Method.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rakhi,

Can you post the url you are using to redirect the document?

Is the document name is encoded or plain text?

Not applicable
Author

Document name is plain text.

http:// | www.deloitte.com

Please consider the environment before printing.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

I had the similar issue and it is working.I would suggest to encode the document name and redirect it.

What does the Event log shows ?  Does it shows any error?