Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creation of publisher reload tasks without QMC

In my environment, I have multiple copies of the same document applied to various identical schemas containing different data.

Basically, Client A and Client B both have the same data structure, and both see reporting for their own data.

The files live in a consistent directory structure and have the same names.

I am looking for a way to easily deploy a new set of reports either to a new client, or to all existing ones. Obviously, creating and modifying reload tasks individually is a little cumbersome.

I can't figure out how to set up a reload schedule for newly deployed reports, without doing it manually in the management console.

I am looking through the XML files located in:C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR

The answers seem to be locked up inside here, but before I start attempting to reverse engineer an XML based database has anyone already solved this problem?

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can script the addition of tasks using the QMS API. I think you may find an example here on the Forums. Also download the Qlikview Power Tools. Power Tools has a handy tool called QMSClient that useful for exploring the QMS API. Good luck.

-Rob