Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

Master table and Transaction table

Hi

i am new to this tables previous i know is fact table and dimensions table.

my question is to create a data model how to use these master and transaction table

please suggest something

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can. But simply loading them might not give you a perfect model, that might seek for some modifications to that simplicity(again that depends on your tables)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

Transaction table is fact table?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, in a broad sense. However, the term fact table is more appropriate when we talk about date modelling, whereas, transactional table is in raw database.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

so can i load transaction table as fact table and master table as dimension table right?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can. But simply loading them might not give you a perfect model, that might seek for some modifications to that simplicity(again that depends on your tables)

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Fact Table is nothing but the transaction table like Sales, Orders tables etc it has the core fields and some ID fields which qualifies the transactions like Customer, Salesman, Branch, Region etc.

Where Master tables are those which has the details of Customers, Salesman, Branch etc.

The Fact table is surrounded by the Master/Dimension tables.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

can you tell me what are the thing i have to consider

like a expale

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I suggest to search this forum for star schema creation technique/best data modeeling practices, you would get many like:

http://community.qlik.com/message/79351#79351

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4744

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

thanks you all for replying