Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running multiple tasks in one job

I just have a general question. Is it possible for QlikView to run multiple tasks at the same time in a job?

The reason why I am asking is because I have about 8 tables that are kinda big and instead of creating a job for each table, I would like 1 job to reload them all at the same time. I just like organization.

If this isnt possible, I will be ok with creating 8 jobs. 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

To pull data from 8 sources in parallel by QV you should have 8 parallel sessions of QV. The answer is - one batch file with loop to run QV sessions with parameters. Something like this:

i=8
do while i >= 0
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
msgbox """C:\Program Files\QlikViewDesktop\qv"" LoadData.qvw /r /vMonthNumber=" & cstr(i)
objShell.run """C:\Program Files\QlikViewDesktop\qv"" LoadData.qvw /r /vMonthNumber=" & cstr(i)

i=i-1

loop

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

To pull data from 8 sources in parallel by QV you should have 8 parallel sessions of QV. The answer is - one batch file with loop to run QV sessions with parameters. Something like this:

i=8
do while i >= 0
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
msgbox """C:\Program Files\QlikViewDesktop\qv"" LoadData.qvw /r /vMonthNumber=" & cstr(i)
objShell.run """C:\Program Files\QlikViewDesktop\qv"" LoadData.qvw /r /vMonthNumber=" & cstr(i)

i=i-1

loop

Not applicable
Author

I had the batch process in mind, but wasnt sure if that was above and beyond a simpler solution that was built into Pub that I might have been overlooking.

Thanks alot for the help/example!