cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Server 2012 R2 Desktop reload problem

Hi all.  One of my clients has upgraded their server to 2012 R2.  They use Qlikview Desktop.  Since the upgrade, we cannot get even a simple test QVW to reload while not logged on.

I built a very simple app with a sinlge row of inline data with two columns (id and name).

It reloads fine from the app, and using a batch file (c:....qv.exe  /r c:\qlikview\test.qvw)

If I schedule it with the windows scheduler it works fine while I am logged on.

However, If I log out of the server, the reload runs, but does not save the file.  The log file shows the script ran successfully, but it does not save the updated qvw file.

I have fiddled with the task scheduler settings, but with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

After a very useful session with Qlik support, we found the cause and the solution to this problem.

When doing an unattended reload, you need to ensure the full 'settings.ini' file for Qlikview is available in the user folder for the 'default' user:

If you do a scheduled reload on a server that only has Qlikview desktop (Not server) you need to ensure that the path:

C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

has the full Qlikview settings file from the normal user folder:

C:\Users\JohnSmith\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

View solution in original post

2 Replies
shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I have since done some more testing on another in-house 2012 server and a 2008 server.

I built a simple app with an inline load.  Setup a batch file to reload it.  Set up a scheduled task allowing running when not logged on.  On the 2008 server it all works fine.  On the 2012 server, it never closes qv.exe and does not update the file.

It appears that running QV desktop on server 2012 R2 does not allow unattended reload.  I believe it must be a bug.

I have raised a ticket with Qlik, but they say my clients license is expired, despite them having paid there maintenance a month ago.

I am now stuck with a potentially huge client (They loved the Qliksense demo), who are getting scared off because of this silly little problem.

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

After a very useful session with Qlik support, we found the cause and the solution to this problem.

When doing an unattended reload, you need to ensure the full 'settings.ini' file for Qlikview is available in the user folder for the 'default' user:

If you do a scheduled reload on a server that only has Qlikview desktop (Not server) you need to ensure that the path:

C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

has the full Qlikview settings file from the normal user folder:

C:\Users\JohnSmith\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView