Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In Inputbox dropdown need to hard to 2 string values Created Date Completed Date

Hi Guys

In Input-box drop-down, need to hard to 2 string values Created Date and Completed Date.

So that I can make the date dynamic for both created and completed.

Users should select a value either created or completed date from Date Type Inputbox and then based on selection data should display.

I am having difficulties in getting drop-down values

Created Date 

Completed Date

I tried expression =Concat(('Created Date' & chr(13) & 'Completed Date'),',') but not working.

See the creenshot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually - according to the online help with QlikView it is not language dependent ... it should be semicolons ... so I don't know why it doesn't work for you....

This is according to the help:

2015-04-27 #2.PNG

View solution in original post

7 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

‌It is necessary to separate the values with semicolons ;

If you have two different fields and you want to show each of them on it's separate line in a drop-down and the fields return a distinct value when they are used you could simply do this:

= [Created Date] & ';' [Completed Date]

or to make sure you get two distinct values always:

= Min( [Created Date] ) & ';' & Min( [Completed Date] )

or if a set expression helps you pick out those two particular distinct values:

= Min( {<ID={1001}>} [Created Date] )  &   ';'   &   Max( {<ID={1001}>} [Completed Date] )

Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter,

These 2 Created Date and Completed Date are not fields. These are hardcoded string which I just want to display to users and based on there 2 values I can set expression.

So just Imagine, In input list box I want to display 2 values

Computer

Laptop

There values are not coming from anywhere I want to hardcode and display in list box.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then you simply hardcode them in your in your Variables tab in Document Properties like this:

2015-04-27 #1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter,

Not getting expected result. Values are not displaying in drop-down format.

Both the values are getting displayed in one line.

See the Screenshot

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then the semicolon is due to my Windows settings and that semicolon is used as a separator value. So you will have to replace the semicolon with whatever separator is used in your language settings.... maybe comma like in US? I can only guess

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually - according to the online help with QlikView it is not language dependent ... it should be semicolons ... so I don't know why it doesn't work for you....

This is according to the help:

2015-04-27 #2.PNG

Not applicable
Author

This one works:

Created Date;Completed Dte