Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[ASK] why can't update license from localhost ?

hello..

i have a problem with update license for my qlikview desktop from qlikview server on localhost (on my own notebook)

my license for my qlikview desktop was expired and back to personal edition

and i got a license for qlikview server (small business)

then i install qlikview server on my notebook

after that i restart my notebook, then i put the license on qlikview management console and apply it

and next i click "update license from server"

but when i open my qlikview desktop, nothing happen

it's still on personal edition condition

why is it happen?

how to solve it?

i've tried to reinstall qlikview desktop and qlikview server, but nothing happen

FYI, i use version 9

thx..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

If your server is configured to allow to lease licenses, go to the Startup page in QlikView and select "Open in Server". You will see "You are leasing a license from server".

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

If your server is configured to allow to lease licenses, go to the Startup page in QlikView and select "Open in Server". You will see "You are leasing a license from server".

Hope that helps

Pablo_Robles
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Dear Kribo,

Try to open a qvw file from server from your QlikView Desktop with Open in the Server option from File menú. Automatically, the server update your licence during 30 days.

Another option is introduce a correct licence number from a QlikView Desktop version. In this case, the licence don't expires.

Best regards,

Pablo