Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

LOAD INLINE statment question

If loading data through Load inline statment is that data saved into targeted table and field or is this only some kind of load script that only loads data into memory for the time beeing and is not writing it to actual file or table ???

thank you for your answers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Graso,

When you do the load, the inline data is saved into the qvw file like the rest of data whose sources aren't an inline table.

Regards.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Graso,

When you do the load, the inline data is saved into the qvw file like the rest of data whose sources aren't an inline table.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi graso,

Load Inline table is for Input and is stored as any other Table. As far I understand it is like any other table. The only difference is that the data is given as Input manually.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Load inline will create a table in the qvw document. The table and its data will be stored in the qvw file once saved.

Once the table is created in the script data from the table can be accessed like any other table further down the script.

As an example, you create a table with the following Load inline:
mytable:
LOAD * INLINE [ Field1, Field2
ValueA1, ValueA2
ValueB1, ValueB2 ];

Now you can access this table (once loaded) further down in your script, like:
Load Field1 as NewField resident mytable;

If you save the file (after reload) and reopen you will notice that you have two fields with the data constructed in your Load inline, i.e. data is saved within the qvw document

Not applicable
Author

Ok so if I by anychance I delete Load inline in script editor to minimize load time I loose data is that right? There is no record fizicaly done in related table so what I mean is If I update customers through Inline if I delete statement in script editor i loose data ???

Not applicable
Author

Hi Graso,

Ya the inline table which you created is like any other database. If you delete in script editor , the data will be lost.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you guys for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Graso,

If you delete the load inline then you will lost the data, but, it will happen with an ODBC load too, if you remove the load sentence from the script the data will lost.

Regards