Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Numeric Codes to text?

Hi everyone,

I have some data that's coded, ie

1 - blue

2 - red

3 - white

For graphs and chart purposes it makes sense to use the codes. However, I would like to create some sort of box that will show the corresponding description to the code when the item is clicked upon.

Any idea how I go about doing this?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Bryan,

I'm presuming you're bringing in a table that relates codes to procedure names...if not, you'll need to do that first.

To do this, create a text box with an expression like:

='Procedure Name: '&[Procedure_Name]

Then, on the layout tab of the Text Box Properties dialog, select "Conditional" and use this expression:

If(Count([Procedure_Code])=1,1,0)

This will only display the text box with the procedure name when you have 1 procedure code selected. Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you please be more clear for what you want to do?

Not applicable
Author

I have some data that is coded.

In other words, for a code such as 99914, it would translate to a procedure such as "CA Scan: pelvis."

On my histogram, I am doing a count of the codes. For a cleaner look, it makes more sense to use the code number as labels than the actual descriptions on the chart. Once I click on a specific number in the histogram, it narrows down to that specific code to where that is the only bar showing. When this happens I would like a text box some where that can display that code's description.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything else.

Not applicable
Author

Bryan,

I'm presuming you're bringing in a table that relates codes to procedure names...if not, you'll need to do that first.

To do this, create a text box with an expression like:

='Procedure Name: '&[Procedure_Name]

Then, on the layout tab of the Text Box Properties dialog, select "Conditional" and use this expression:

If(Count([Procedure_Code])=1,1,0)

This will only display the text box with the procedure name when you have 1 procedure code selected. Let me know if this helps!

Not applicable
Author

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help!